As this whole hateful saga rumbles on, how are you coping with it? How’s your mental health? Are you taking it in your stride or struggling to keep your head above water? It’s tough for a lot of people. Many of us have been faced with unimaginable challenges we simply weren’t prepared for. With many businesses closed, parents forced to home school and some feeling lonely or missing loved ones, here’s a few ways to help you get through this lockdown:
1. Stop scrolling, put your phone down Sometimes seeing and hearing how picturesque and perfect other people’s lives are isn’t good for you. Quite often that’s only a small snippet of what sort of day they’re really having. Limit your time on social media.
2. Pull out the old board games When I was stuck in the house with covid back in September, all the old favourites came out of the attic. Mouse trap, guess who, buckaroo, connect 4, downfall, frustration, snakes and ladders, amongst many others. Have a bit of old school fun.
3. Get some form of exercise in daily, even if it’s only 10 minutes, you’ll feel so much better for it.
4. Accept that it’s not an ideal situation Worrying about it won’t help.
5. Know there is someone worse off than you, try and be grateful for the good things you’ve got
6. Eat sensibly
7. Turn off the news, watch everybody loves Raymond or something light hearted instead
8. Reconnect with old friends
9. Treat yourself, occasionally There’s nothing I love more than an ice cold can of coke (as you can see from the picture). I’m not saying treat yourself all the time, otherwise it’s no longer a ‘treat’. But a little bit of what’s bad for you is definitely good for you!
If you’re struggling with lockdown, you’ve tried all of the above, speak to someone. Don’t suffer in silence.